Monday, September 9, 2013

First Person Shooter BLACKWATER for Xbox 360

I have never really gotten a chance to play many Kinect games in my day so far. I’ve really only touched on some sports ones and Rise of Nightmares. Well recently I got to try Backwater. Now seeing the commercial for this game, it looks completely fantastic as far as motion gaming goes with this guy in the ad jumping over his couch and chucking grenades through the air like it’s no big deal. Well playing the game and watching somebody in a commercial play are two different things.

In Backwater you’ll learn a whole new deal about combat as well as how much you crouch apparently when you’re fighting for your life. Blackwater gives you a little introduction to some of the characters when you start the campaign but it is brief because soon you’re thrown out there and have to start pointing your reticule at an enemy and holding it on that target long enough to get a shot off. I constantly found that it just worked best to hold either my left or right arm out and make a pistol shape and it worked very well.

Also learning how to toss grenades was easy when I consulted the booklet inside the game case. Basically for this you hold your one arm extended out and then use your other to start forward and extend behind your backend toss forward, if that makes any sense. If it doesn’t I’m sorry, motion gaming on the Kindest is still quite a feat for me. I’m getting better at it though. I thought it was actually cool playing a shooter on the Kindest minus the bagginess of the Kinect controls. It was fun kicking doors open and jumping over things as well.




Crouching was cool for the first five minutes till you realize it’s key to survival because the guys shoot you way faster than you can get them so you have to duck back down after one or two kills you get. The story doesn’t give too much depth, though I did giggle at some of the one liner such as “I’m riding shotgun with a shotgun” ha-ha, clever. But I feel that’s okay the story is short because it seems to me that the main appeal to this game truly is just that you’re shooting a gun on a motion gaming console without a controller.

Hands only combat. And you can always play the other modes available in the game if you finish the campaign adjust want to shoot some guns. Although with the release of Cabala’s new gun with their newest addition to the big game hunter series it’d be cool to see some kind of badassAK47 or something to use with this game. But it is a cool new experience to at least try on the Kindest. For now I’ll stick with sports games for the Kindest and leave first person shooters to my controllers. Again thought was a pretty awesome shot at gun motion gaming without any type of controller and think if the Kindest was a little bit better itself it’d be able to capture the motion of you in combat a little bit better, making this game and your life with it much more enjoyable.


go here







No comments:

Post a Comment